1. Who are we?
• Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited is an independent intermediary.
2. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority (FCA)
• The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services.
• Our FCA Register number is 307304. You can check this on the FCA's Register by visiting the FCA's website www.fca.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FCA. Our permissions enable us to act in relation to non-investment insurance contracts.
3. Whose products do we offer?
• We offer products from a number of insurers – you can ask us for a list.
4. Which service will we provide you with?
• You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us, but we may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
5. What you will have to pay to us for this service?
• We are normally remunerated by commission deducted from the premium but also reserve the right to supplement or replace this with a fee for our services in arranging, amending, renewing and cancelling any insurance policy.
6. Your cancellation rights
• You have the right to cancel new policies or renewals within 14 days of receipt of the full documentation provided you have not travelled or made or intend to make a claim. Full details are provided in your policy summary.
7. What to do if you have a complaint
• It is our intention to provide you with a high standard of service at all times but if you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
• By telephone: 01623 631331
• By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In writing: to Managing Director, Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited
• If you cannot settle your complaint with us you may be able to refer to the Insurers and/or the Financial Ombudsman Service.
8. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
• Our Insurers are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. Further information about the compensation scheme is available from the FSCS.
9. Looking after your money
• Fogg Travel Insurance act as agents of Insurers for receiving premiums. All of the Insurers Fogg deal with have granted us risk transfer which means that when we receive your premium, it is regarded as being received by the insurer and is therefore safe.
• Unless instalments are agreed, payment will be taken in full at the time of booking. We normally
accept payment by debit or credit card, or cheque.
11. Your duty of disclosure
• It is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information to Fogg Travel Insurance when you take out your insurance policy. It is therefore important that you ensure all statements you make on web applications, telephone applications, health screenings and claim forms and all other documents are full and accurate. If you fail
to disclose any material facts to Fogg Travel Insurance at the outset or other relevant time including renewal this may invalidate your insurance and result in all or part of a claim not being paid. A material fact is one that affects what premium you are charged or what cover you are granted by the Insurer. If you are unsure what constitutes a material fact you should ask us for guidance.
12. Your responsibility to read all documents
• When a policy and related documents, e.g. policy summary, demands and needs statement, are issued you are strongly advised to read them immediately and carefully as they form the basis of the cover you have purchased. If you are in doubt over any of the policy terms or conditions please contact us and we will be happy to explain and clarify any points for you.
13. Protecting your data
• Insurers share information with each other to aid the prevention of fraudulent claims. In the event of a claim information is placed on industry registers for analysis. Under the Data Protection Act you have the right of access to your personal records held on our files and we will tell you the fee if you ask us for a copy of your information. Confidential data is not otherwise shared with other parties unless it is a legal or regulatory requirement.
14. What to do in the event of a claim
• Your policy document provides details of who to contact, plus claims forms are on our web site. If you need medical treatment overseas or need to return home early, you must contact the 24 Assistance telephone number shown in your policy documentation.
15. How long are Our quotes valid
• Fogg Travel Insurance is unable to guarantee any quote if not purchased at the time of quotation. We reserve the right to pass on any amendments in premiums/terms at any time.
16. Governing law
• The laws of England & Wales govern this agreement and the parties agree that any dispute arising from it is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.